- Turn on your hazard lights.
- Check for injuries.
- Move to a safe nearby location.
- Call 911.
- Seek medical care.
Protect Your Rights
- Do not admit fault.
- Limit your discussion of the accident to the police.
- Do not leave the scene of the accident until the police and other drivers have left.
- Do not talk to or sign anything from the insurance adjuster.
- Immediately write down how the accident occurred.
- Take pictures of the accident scene.
- Write down the insurance carrier, policy number, license plate number, year, make and model of all cars involved.
- Write down the name address and phone number of everyone involved in and who witnessed the accident.
- Get the police report number and the name and number of all officers present.
Call An Attorney